22 family vacation quotes to inspire you to travel with your family and kids again.
Each quote comes with a beautiful picture to save and an interpretation explaining the meaning of each quote.
- 1. One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.
- 2. A sleeping child gives me the impression of a traveler in a very far country.
- 3. There are two gifts we should give our children. One is roots, the other is wings.
- 4. The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.
- 5. Experience, travel – these are as education in themselves.
- 6. Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.
- 7. A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.
- 8. At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair should be messy and your eyes sparkling.
- 9. From childhood’s hour I have not been…
- 10. Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.
- 11. There are two kinds of travel: first class and with children.
- 12. I have found out…
- 13. The man who goes alone…
- 14. The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.
- 15. To move, to breathe,…
- 16. Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone.
- 17. Any day spent with you is my favorite day.
- 18. Traveling– it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
- 19. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
- 20. Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.
- 21. So throw off the bowlines…
- 22. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
1. One of the great things about travel is that you find out how many good, kind people there are.
Quote by Edith Wharton
When traveling with your family and kids, it is important to teach them the good and bad about the world.
Yet, kids should also know that there are good people out there and by traveling with them, we can teach them how to spot good souls.
Learning to make lasting relationship across borders is a valuable skill everyone should learn. This is the greatest legacy that you can gift your children.
2. A sleeping child gives me the impression of a traveler in a very far country.
Quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson
Children look so innocent and peaceful when they sleep, don’t they?
What Mr. Emerson might mean with this is that travelers may appear more at peace when they are traveling in a far off country. They start to look like sleeping children once they have reached this state on their travels.
3. There are two gifts we should give our children. One is roots, the other is wings.
Quote by Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
This is one of the most beautiful quotes about travel and children. Goethe, the genius, reminds of one important truth, that we have to teach our children to value our roots.
Yet, children should learn to also explore the world, to fly and to get around. One day, they will be adults who will take their own decisions, and the right values thought from the beginning can make or break someone’s life.
4. The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.
Quote by W.B. Yeats
There are things out there that we may don’t perceive because our senses have not been trained yet to understand and take them in. For example, beauitful tiny coloreful bugs on a branch. They are easily missed if we don’t look exactly.
Children on the other hand have an antenna for things like this. They are more sensible and more notice things, which we don’t see anymore.
When you travel with your kids, you are minded of the magic that you would have missed if your kid hadn’t pointed it out.
5. Experience, travel – these are as education in themselves.
Quote by Euripides
The best way to teach your children about the world in life is to take them on a trip or family getaway.
Do you remember when you had a field trip with school? Do you remember the excitement and that you felt like learning new things more readily?
This is why experience and travel should go hand in hand.
6. Travel, in the younger sort, is a part of education; in the elder, a part of experience.
Quote by Francis Bacon
Family adventures teach children so much in so many ways. They learn about people and places, nature and animals, the world is an endless university!
We grown-ups, on the other hand, also learn something, but we perceive them more than experiences.
It’s a win-win, either way, for small and big folks.
7. A mind that is stretched by a new experience can never go back to its old dimensions.
Quote by Oliver Wendell Holmes
Once you open pandoras box, you cannot undo it. When you took a bite from the forbidden apple, it’s done and can’t be reversed.
Yes, these are all good things!
When we learn about new cultures we learn about the place, the people, the history and why things are the way they are. It teaches us so much, we become more tolerable and understanding.
A broader perspective is a blessing and the best education you can give your children and family in general
8. At the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair should be messy and your eyes sparkling.
Quote by Shanti
To live out your childhood is the best gift you can give your children.
Children’s memories will never forget those perfect moments of their childhood in the great outdoors.
This quote is attributed to Shanti, but I couldn’t find any info on who this Shanti is supposed to be. But I love this quote and thought, that you would appreciate it, too.
9. From childhood’s hour I have not been…
From childhood’s hour I have not been. As others were, I have not seen. As others saw, I could not awaken. My heart to joy at the same tone. And all I loved, I loved alone.Edgar Allan Poe
This poem from Edgar Allen Poe is on a sadder note. It talks about a child who didn’t have the privilege to travel, live and see the world.
You want to awaken a greater sense of childlike wonder in your kids. The eyes of a child will never forget those family vacations.
10. Traveling in the company of those we love is home in motion.
Quote by Leigh Hunt
Travel with your family can be so fulfilling. You take the people you care about on a trip, and together you experience and discover a wonderful, colorful world. This is home in motion…
This is one of the greatest gifts that you can give your family and yourself.
11. There are two kinds of travel: first class and with children.
Quote by Robert Benchley
This quote is on a lighter, funny note. It is a cliché, but when you travel with kids it’s not always roses. Yes, there will be tantrums, and occasionally, you just want to do grown up stuff on a trip.
But hey, the happy memories outweigh the bad ones to a 100%.
Instead of getting a fancy toy as gifts, you give your children and family the ultimate souvenir, to experience the wonders of the world with the whole family together.
12. I have found out…
I have found out there is no surer way to find out whether you like people or hate them than to travel with them.Mark Twain
Yes, this one is supposed to be a joke. Just imagine a trip with the car in the summer months with your kids screaming around in the back seat.
It happens to the most close-knit family, and things are not always easy! But we love our kids, right? And we want the best things for them!
13. The man who goes alone…
The man who goes alone can start today, but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.Henry David Thoreau
We teach our children to walk, a step at a time, and so it is also with travel for them.
As adults, we have to wait for our kids to grow physical and mentally, and we do it thanks to travel.
Gifting a lifetime of adventures is a sure way to overcome fears, to become better people, and to have a healthy exposure to the real world. Each step taken forward make it all happen.
14. The gladdest moment in human life is a departure into unknown lands.
Quote by Sir Richard Burton
You known when kids are getting excited about a new place they have not been either, such as a beach, or a theme park?
It starts with small things and the older they get it progresses. First it’s just a simple theme park, later on a fun park in the mountains, then a boat trip in the Caribbean and later on a deep journey across India.
My best memories as a kid are the ones I took with my parents across the country. A German friend had joined us on our 3-week road trip, and we visited natural parks and discovered different places and cultures.
15. To move, to breathe,…
To move, to breathe, to fly, to float, To gain all while you give, To roam the roads of lands remote, To travel is to live.Hans Christian Andersen
Hans Christian Anderson is one of the most famous fairy tale writers besides the Grimm brothers.
His quote just reminds us of the lightness that we feel when we were kids on a family vacation. These were the most exciting moments.
A daring adventure or two, interesting new places with good company, mom, and dad. That’s all what it takes for a happy childhood!
16. Some roads aren’t meant to be travelled alone.
Perhaps your children are already a bit older in their teens. That’s maybe the best time to take your daughter or son on a trip to experience the real world.
They learn to be better humans, the value of what they have, and you get a chance to build a better connection with them. That’s the antidote to children growing into crappy adults.
These are the roads that are not meant to be traveled alone. Take your teenager with you on a longer journey across a continent.
17. Any day spent with you is my favorite day.
Quote by A. A. Milne
The days spend with you family are simply the best days in our life.
18. Traveling– it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller.
Quote by Ibn Battuta
You know when kids are so excited and sometimes also overwhelmed and in aww of a new place that you don’t hear them make a sound?
And yet, later on, when they meet family, friends, and seven strangers they turn into the best storytellers, recounting their adventures and experiences in detail.
The best stories are always told by children.
19. Educating the mind without educating the heart is no education at all.
Quote by Aristotle
When you sit in a classroom, you have your mind stimulated, but not your heart. Traveling does exactly the opposite.
The wonderful thing is that children are ready to learn, and what better way to do that than thanks to travel?
I met a family with 2 kids over 20 years ago, and they were digital nomads (yep, must have been the first) and the kids would have their morning lessons, but they would also learn about their new surroundings. These were the smartest and most sensible kids I have ever met in my life.
20. Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.
Quote by Seneca
Seeing different places can be so refreshing. We get inspired and learn new things.
The same goes for kids!
You won’t regret having given your kids a childhood full of travel.
21. So throw off the bowlines…
So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.Mark Twain
We have to allow our kids to explore the world in their terms. To be bold and adventurous. This will only sweeten their whole existence eventually and make them better people.
Taking risks, falling down and getting up again,… yes this all also happens when you travel, and it’s ok. it’s part of live.
Turning you into perfect parents and them into perfect children, means to let live.
22. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
Quote by Marcel Proust
A new, fresh perspective can create plenty of perfect moments with your family.
Seek out those moments in your travels with your kids. They come to you when you least expect them.
What do you think, what’s your interpretation? Please share your thoughts in the comment section below.